- Always buy Railroads; never buy Utilities (at full price).
- For every other property type, only buy them to complete a monopoly or to prevent opponents from completing one.
- At the beginning of the game, focus on acquiring a complete Color Group in Sides 1+2, even if it means trading away properties on Sides 2+3. After acquiring one of these Color Groups, build 3 houses as quickly as possible: no more houses, no less!
- Once your first Color Group starts to generate some cash, focus on completing a Color Group and building 3 houses in Sides 3+4.
- Note: 3 houses is the “sweet spot” in the game. That’s where you’re making the best use of your money.
- Single properties are the least good investment if you don’t build on them.
- The only exception to the above rules are when you need to acquire stray properties to prevent your opponents from completing their C-Gs to accomplish the above strategy.
Enjoy Jefferson Starship – Jane:
“Jane you’re plain’ a game
you never can win girl”